Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hybrid Layouts

So far this year I have been doing many pages that include both traditional scrapbooking and digital elements. I love how my design style and techniques are always evolving and it's been pretty cool to watch over the last six years that I have been scrapping.











This is one layout that I was working on today that I started several weeks ago. I started out by creating a new image in Photoshop for the background. I used a large photo on low transparency against a grey base image and finishing it by adding the caption at the bottom. Printed it out and then added the photos that I punched with a large square punch and found a cute litle embellishment from K&Company. I also added a cardboard star that I just cut out and added an antiqued brad.







This is a second version of the same thing. I am also kind of inspired by the bright pink type and I think I will be using it again. I also think these layouts have a very spring-like quality to them and will lead me in a new direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment